The Xbox One X is the most powerful Xbox One that Microsoft ever released.
Does that alone make it something that pawn shops will happy accept for a loan, to buy, or have for sale? Often times, the answer is going to be yes.
How 'Pawnable' Is This Item
What Value Does This Item Have
As things stand right now, the Xbox One X is rated as having “Good” pawnability. Not all pawn shop accept electronics, but those that do certainly would be interested in this system. As time goes on, and as the system ages, the pawnability of the console will drop.
They also receive a “Fair” rating at this time. The Xbox One platform is aging, so things do change, but right now, it is still considered to be a decent item to bring with you. You may get a little less than you expect for your Xbox One X, but not dramatically or shockingly so.
What To Bring With You:
When you take your Xbox One X into a pawn shop, there are some things that you will want to have with you.
- That the right power cord. The power supply is in the system on the Xbox One X, so you just need the proper two pong cord at this time.
- Make sure that you have a working controller with you. The pawn shop will want to test the system, which is impossible to do if your controller doesn’t work.
- Be sure that you bring at least one game with you so that you can show the pawn shop that they system boots up and plays a game properly.
- Also have a HDMI cable with you so that the pawn shop can plug it in to their TV when you arrive.
- If you have the original box and packaging and it is still in good condition, you will want to have that with you as well.
Percentage Of Pawn Shops That Accept This Item 80%
Percentage Of Pawn Shops That Consider This Item Desirable 60%
Average Redemption Rate For This Type Of Item 70%
Percentage of Households That Have This Type Of Item 10%
Percentage Of Times This Type Of Item Is Pawned vs Being Sold 50%
Roughly 80% of pawn shops take in the Xbox One X system, while only about 60% of them consider it something that is truly desirable to make a loan on or buy outright.
The average redemption ratio for this system sits at a relatively high 70% for video game systems.
Only rough 10% of households have one of these systems to make a loan on or sell, and the ratio is split down the middle 50/50 on either pawn or sell when a customer does bring one in.
What Are Some Advantages To Pawning This Type Of Item
- It should be pretty easy to find a pawn shop that will take in a Xbox One X system assuming that you have everything needed to test it and make sure it works properly.
- You should get a pretty decent amount of money for one still, although this will decrease over time as the platform ages.
What Are Some Drawbacks To Pawning This Type Of Item
- If you forget anything at home that a pawn shop needs to test the system and be sure it works, you may have difficulty pawning or selling your system.
Pawning A Xbox One X
Pawning this system should be fairly straight forward. You just have to make sure you have everything you need with you when you leave the house and double check to be sure the batteries in the controllers are fresh and able to be used.
Selling A Xbox One X
The same goes for selling the system overall, with one addition. I would also be sure to bring in all of the games you have for the system. A large collection of games will normally only increase the amount of money you are able to get from the pawn shop when you go to sell it.
Wordpress junkie, music lover, and consumer of all things pizza-oriented. I’ve run pawn shops and check cashing operations for years. I developed the most successful digital marketing marketing strategy for pawn shops known to date, and flip items on eBay for fun.