Raymond Weil watches are lesser known to many, but they actually do make some really great timepieces.
That having been said, they also make some pretty inexpensive watches as well. These don’t typically vary in price range as much as something like Omega watches, but they sure aren’t Rolexes either. Because of that, pawning them can be a little tricky.
How 'Pawnable' Is This Item
What Value Does This Item Have
In terms of sheer “Pawnability” Raymond Weil watches come in a “Good.” Most major pawn shops will at least look at them and consider them for a pawn loan, or if you want to sell it outright.
That having been said, you aren’t going to get a fortune for one, and because of that, Raymond Weil watches come in at just a “Fair” rating for value. The better timepieces will obviously bring more money, but if you have a less expensive model, you may be disappointed at the offer you receive.
What To Bring With You:
When it comes to watches, the things that you should bring with you are pretty standard.
- Any extra links, bracelets, or bands that you may have for the watch.
- The original box, insert, and paperwork are always a big plus.
- Obviously you want to amen sure that your watch is clean and running when you take it into the pawn shop if at all possible.
Percentage Of Pawn Shops That Accept This Item 60%
Percentage Of Pawn Shops That Consider This Item Desirable 40%
Average Redemption Rate For This Type Of Item 50%
Percentage of Households That Have This Type Of Item 10%
Percentage Of Times This Type Of Item Is Pawned vs Being Sold 70%
Nationally speaking, roughly 60% of major pawn shops will take in a Raymond Weil watch. They are just a lesser known brand and don’t have that name recognition of Rolex or Tag Heuer, which means people aren’t looking to buy them as often.
Keeping the golden rule in mind (pawn shops only buy what they can sell), the desirability of a Raymond Weil watch is roughly 40%.
When customers do make a loan on this type of watch, roughly 50% of them get it back.
Only 10% of households typically have this kind of watch available to make a loan on, but those that do pawn it roughly 70% of the time, selling it the other 30%.
What Are Some Advantages To Pawning This Type Of Item
- If you have one of the more desirable Raymond Weil watches, you are going to find that you get an offer in the mid-hundreds range, which can probably go a long way towards taking care of any major bills you may have.
- You likely won’t miss the watch while it is in on loan.
What Are Some Drawbacks To Pawning This Type Of Item
- If you have one of the less desirable models, it may be tough to get a significant amount on loan for it unfortauntely.
- It will be a little more difficult to find a pawn shop that will take this type of watch versus a Tag Here or a Rolex, simply because it doesn’t enjoy the same kind of name recognition.
Pawning Raymond Weil Watches
As we discussed, it can be harder to make a large loan against this watch brand, just because it’s not as recognizable as some of the other big names out there.
With that in mind, they do still make some nice watches, and most pawnbrokers will look at them.
Because this is the type of watch that really rides that line, it’s pretty important that you present it in the best possible light when you do take it into a pawn shop.
Make sure that it is as clean as possible and in very good running condition. If it’s not running, check to see if it’s w watch that uses a battery and have it replaced.
If you take one of these watches into a pawn shop in non-running condition, it’s a pretty safe bet that the pawn shop will not help you with it unfortunately.
Wordpress junkie, music lover, and consumer of all things pizza-oriented. I’ve run pawn shops and check cashing operations for years. I developed the most successful digital marketing marketing strategy for pawn shops known to date, and flip items on eBay for fun.